Reddit is a great platform for sharing and discussing content, but it can be frustrating when videos don’t have sound. There are a few things you can do to fix this problem on your iPhone or Android device.
1. Mute & Unmute Sound
The first thing you should do is check the volume settings on your device. Make sure that the media volume is turned up, and that the silent mode is turned off. You can do this by following these steps:
- iPhone: Swipe up from the bottom of the screen to open the Control Center. Tap on the speaker icon to adjust the volume.
- Android: Swipe down from the top of the screen to open the Quick Settings menu. Tap on the volume slider to adjust the volume.
If the volume is turned up and silent mode is turned off, but you’re still not hearing any sound, try the next step.
2. Disable Quiet Mode
Reddit has a feature called Quiet Mode that can mute all sound on the app.
To disable Quiet Mode, follow these steps:
- iPhone: Open the Reddit app and tap on your profile icon in the top left corner. Tap on Settings > Advanced. Under Quiet mode, make sure that the “Mute audio” option is turned off.
- Android: Open the Reddit app and tap on the three dots in the top right corner. Tap on Settings > Advanced. Under Quiet mode, make sure that the “Mute audio” option is turned off.
3. Close Music Player
Close any music players that are running in the background. If you have any music players running in the background, they may be preventing Reddit from playing sound. To close any music players that are running in the background, open your device’s app switcher and close any music players that you see.
4. Disable Silent Mode
Some devices have a physical switch that can be used to turn on silent mode. If this switch is turned on, it will prevent sound from playing on Reddit. To check, look for a switch on the side or top of your device that has a speaker icon on it. If the switch is in the “on” position, turn it to the “off” position.
5. NSFW Content
Some videos on Reddit are marked as NSFW (not safe for work). These videos may not have sound if you’re viewing them in a public setting. To check if a video is NSFW, look for the NSFW icon next to the title of the video. If the icon is present, the video is NSFW.
6. Delete App Cache
If you’ve tried all of the above steps and you’re still having problems, you can try deleting the app’s cache.
This will delete any temporary files that may be causing the problem. To do this, follow these steps:
- iPhone: Open the Settings app and go to General > iPhone Storage. Tap on Reddit and then tap on Offload App. This will delete all of the app’s data, but it won’t delete your account or any of your saved posts.
- Android: Open the Settings app and go to Apps & notifications > See all apps. Tap on Reddit and then tap on Storage & cache. Tap on Clear cache.
7. Reinstall the App.
If clearing the cache doesn’t work, you can try reinstalling the app. This will download a fresh copy of the app and may fix any problems that you’re having.
If you’ve tried all of these things and you’re still having problems, you can contact Reddit support for help.
8. Check Network Connection
Finally, make sure that you have a good network connection. If you’re connected to a slow or unreliable network, it may prevent videos from playing on Reddit. To check your network connection, open a web browser and try loading a website.
If the website loads slowly or doesn’t load at all, your network connection may be the problem.
Here are a few additional tips that may help you fix the no sound problem on Reddit:
- Make sure that you’re using a recent version of the Reddit app.
- Try using a different internet connection.
- Try restarting your device.
- If you’re using an Android device, try disabling battery optimization for the Reddit app.
I hope this helps!
Video: How To Fix No Sound Problem on Reddit
I hope this article has helped you fix the no sound problem on Reddit. If you’ve tried all of the above steps and you’re still having problems, you can contact Reddit support for help.