On 3 april 2020 Facebook launched a Messenger Comes to the big Screen for app for MacOS and Windows. Now you can do video calls on your desktop and stay connected with friends and family all over the world.
One year ago At Facebook annual F8 developer conference, Facebook Describe about number of major updates it was working on for Messenger.
Over the past month due to COVID-19 pandemic. , We recently saw a report where more than a 100% increase in people using their computer browser for video chats on Messenger. Now with this messenger apps for MacOS and Windows, the advantage of this feature is coming to desktop, including unlimited and free group video chats.”
On 3rd april Head of Instagram Adam Mosseri Twitted “Messenger Desktop launching today, I’ve been using it for a while now,”
Here are some highlights:
- Group video chats on a larger screen. Stay connected with family and friends, join a workout, or host a virtual happy hour.
- Easy to connect with your friends. You don’t need to know someone’s mail or contact number since all your Fb friends have Messenger.
- Multitask. Your chats are easily accessible, and you can pop in and out of the app while doing other things on your computer.
- Control on Notifications. You can get notifications for new messages, and you can very quickly find the chat you are finding for. But you are in control, you can select to mute and snooze your notifications.
- Chats sync on mobile and desktop. You will never miss any call or messages its no matter what device you are using.
- Everything you love about Messenger on a larger screen. Including Dark Mode and GIFs.
Download Messenger app today from the Microsoft Store or Mac App Store.
literally I’m so excited to going to full screen Video chat on the Messenger desktop app. it will make it a little bit easier for me or people to stay connected with friends and loved ones during this time. Stay home, but stay connected.
Source: Messenger blog