Instagram is making it easier for people to raise money for nonprofits to helping support those affected by COVID-19. Today, Instagram has launched a new fundraising option within Instagram Live with a new Sticker called “I donated”, which will empower users to raise funds during a Instagram Live stream – like a small-scale telethon via the application . The company had already offered Donation Stickers for the use in Stories.
According to Instagram:
“Many people are facing challenges at this time, and we want to do our part to support nonprofits and communities who need it the most. Now, you can easily create a fundraiser on Live with 100% of the money raised going directly to the nonprofit of your choice.”
How to use Live Donations Feature
- Tap the camera in the top left of Feed or swipe right in Feed.
- Tap Live at the bottom of the screen, select Fundraiser and choose a nonprofit to support.
- Once you begin your Live broadcast, you can see how many people are supporting your fundraiser and the amount of money raised in real time.
- Tap View to see a breakdown of your donors and individual contributions.
- You can even thank them in real time by tapping Wave.
How to Access “I Donated” Sticker:
When you donate to a nonprofit fundraiser on Live or in Stories, you can access the sticker for a select period of time. Accounts you follow who use the “I Donated” sticker or donation sticker will be added to a shared story at the front of your Stories bar for a limited time.
Recently Updates on Instagram during COVID-19 crisis:
- Including more educational resources in Instagram Search
- Adding stickers to promote accurate information
- Removing COVID-19 accounts from recommendations, unless posted by a credible health organization
- Rolling out the donation sticker in more countries and helping people find relevant nonprofits to support
- Creating a shared story to help those practicing social distancing connect with others, using a “Stay Home” sticker
- Launching a new way to browse Instagram with friends over video chat