Facebook is launched its new Messenger Rooms multi-participant feature globally. Facebook users globally can make a room from Messenger, and users in North America can make a room from Facebook. The announcement first comes in last month.
Facebook user can start a room from Messenger or Facebook, and soon they’ll be able to create and join rooms from Instagram Direct, WhatsApp and Portal too. The user who makes the room, controls the settings for who can join, how simple a room is to find and whether to enable or share a connection.
To create your room, make sure you have to download the most recent vesrion of the Facebook and Messenger application from the Apple Store or Google Play Store and the Messenger Desktop application from the Microsoft Store or Mac App Store.
As Par Facebook there are some privacy feature in messenger rooms:
- Locking: Rooms can be locked or unlocked once a call begins. If a room is locked, no one else can join, except a Group admin for rooms created through a Group.
- Removing a participant: The room creator can remove any unwanted participants. If the room creator removes someone from the call or leaves, the room will lock automatically and the room creator must unlock the call for others to join.
- Leaving: If at any point user feel unsafe in a room, they can leave. Just because a room is locked doesn’t mean they have to stay.
- Reporting: User can report a room name or submit feedback about a room if they believe it violated our Community Standards. But since Facebook don’t watch or listen to your audio or video calls, it’s important to know that reports and feedback will not include audio or video from the room.
- Blocking: Users can block someone on Facebook or Messenger who may be bothering you and we won’t inform them. When someone they’ve blocked is logged into Facebook or Messenger, they won’t be able to join a room you’re in and you won’t be able to join theirs.
Messenger Rooms give you a ability to create a host to have joinable free video calls with up to 50 users with no time limit, making it simple to invest quality time with companions, friends and family and users who share your interest. Rooms can be created right from Messenger or Facebook and enables you to share link to allow anybody to join, whether they don’t have a Facebook account.
Note: Messenger Rooms are not available to Facebook Pages at this stage.
Follow Manish Mehta on Twitter