This summer Facebook is launches ‘Shops‘ to make easy for businesses to set up a single online store for their customers to access on both Facebook and Instagram and soon it will be available on messenger and WhatsApp also.
As detailed by Facebook:
“People can find Facebook Shops on a business’ Facebook Page or Instagram profile, or discover them through stories or ads. From there, you can browse the full collection, save products you’re interested in and place an order — either on the business’ website or without leaving the app if the business has enabled checkout in the US.”
How to become ‘Shops’ seller:
- Creating a ‘Facebook Shop’ account is free and simple.
- At first you can choose the your products you want to feature in your catalog and you can customize the look also.
- You can add a cover image also and accent colors that showcase your brand.
- You can see in this also.
Faceook provide a free platform for any seller to sell their product online, no matter their size or budget, anyone can bring their business online and connect with customers wherever and whenever it’s convenient for them.
How the Shops works:
- Very Soon, Facebook will provide you to eligible businesses with a link to a new ‘Shop Builder’ platform, an extension of your existing Facebook Page tools.
- In Facebook Shop Builder, you will be able to upload your product listings one-by-one, or connect to their existing eCommerce provider.
- In order to stream through their current catalog – Facebook’s working with Shopify, BigCommerce, WooCommerce, ChannelAdvisor, CedCommerce, Cafe24, Tienda Nube and Feedonomics to facilitate this process.
Here is how Facebook’s Shop Builder looks like:
Facebook’s says the main aim behind ‘shops’ is they wan to make this business process as simple as possible, in order increase business take-up of the Shops option. From a single platform, Business and brands will be able to build their products, on both Facebook and Instagram – but it won’t be available to everybody straight away.
Instagram Shops: A new tab on Instagram’s Explore feed
- Instagram Introduces Shops feature in Explore firstly in the US.
- You can able to discover and buy any products you like on Instagram Explore.
- You can get inspired by collections,and you can browse selections from your favorite shops, brands and creators.
- You can filter your categories like beauty and home, and purchase the looks you love all in one place.
- In end of the year, Instagram will be add another tab on the navigation bar, so anyone can get to Instagram Shop in just one tap.
How to Facebook’s ‘shops’ Related to physical ‘shops’:
As Explained by Facebook:
- when you’re in a physical shops or store if you need to ask someone for help, in Facebook Shops you will be able to message a business through WhatsApp, Messenger or Instagram Direct to ask questions, get support, track deliveries and many more.
- In the future, you will be able to view a your product’s shop and make purchases by direct chat in WhatsApp, Messenger or Instagram Direct.
Facebook starting featuring ‘Facebook Shops’ today, and it more updates will be available in the coming months. If you wan to learn about the ‘Facebook Shops’ Privacy click here.
Facebook also explained about the “Loyalty Programs to Facebook Account“:
“We’re also testing ways to make it easier to earn rewards with businesses you love by enabling you to connect your loyalty programs, like the points program at your local cafe, to your Facebook account. You’ll be able to easily see and keep track of your points and rewards. And we’re exploring ways to help small businesses create, manage and surface a loyalty program on Facebook Shops.”
We hope these all tools on online social media platform can relieve some of the pressure from small businesses. Which they are facing right now and help businesses of all sizes prepare for the future.
We’ll provide you all updates and keep you updated when Facebook provides more information about it.
Follow Manish Mehta on Twitter